Escape the maze before your torch runs out.
Controls: Use the arrow keys to move around the world.
- Theme: Keyboard + deterministic + adventure + Collector
- Player Experience Goals: The goal is to have the player be fearful of the environment but also to want to explore.
- Genre: This game falls in the adventure and dungeon crawling genre.
- Game play: The player moves around with the arrow
keys avoiding obstacles and trying to escape the maze. All the
while the torch is running out and the light is fading making
it increasingly harder to play. To escape the player must get
the key and find the door, but there are saw blades standing
in the way.
In future updates the tile set will be updated, the torch will be refuel-able, and gold or other treasure will be added.
- Prototype goal: The goal of this prototype is to examine the effects of sensory and environmental deprivation as the player can see little around them.
- Features: This game features a unique take on the adventure dungeon genre by limiting the amount of area the player can see and by continually shrinking the view radius.
- Setting/Premise: You are an adventurer trapped in a maze of deadly obstacles. It is your job to find the key and escape the death trap.
- Story: The dramatic tension of the game comes from the fading light and its effects on the players ability to see obstacles.
- Target Audience: This game is targeted at fans of adventures and dungeon crawlers like the original Legend of Zelda.
- Play time: This game takes a short amount of time to explore the one level available.
- Strategies: The maze is a tricky puzzle so it is important to explore all paths.
- Prototype Assets: All sprites in the game are self
made and the sound effects where made using
Other assets come from the following:
- Prototype Closest Other Game: This prototype uses the lighting game mechanic explored in the Game Mechanic Explorer, Lighting.