Escape the traffic jam by weaving in and out of traffic in your new sports car.
Controls: Use the arrow keys to direct your car and avoid traffic as you accelerate.
- Player Experience Goals: This game is designed to produce a experience of close calls and quick reactions for the player. The automatic acceleration of the car forces the player to react quickly and puts them in a state of flow as they swerve around the map.
- Genre: This game mostly draws elements from the puzzle genre, but also incorporates mechanics from the racing genre.
- Game play: The player controls a yellow sports car by using the right and left arrows to move in their respective direction. The car automatically accelerates forward up to a maximum speed. The player's car is surrounded by traffic and in order to get through he/she must swerve around them. Any head on collisions will damage the player's car. If the player's car takes more than 100 damage they will have totalled it and loose the game. If the player makes it to the front of the traffic they will win. The player is being timed as well but it is only used for determining high scores.
- Prototype goal: The goal of this game is to create a quick but challenging game that requires concentration and precision. This game is designed to put the player in a state of "flow."
- Features: Unlike most racing games there are no opponent or clock to race against. Instead this game is more of a reaction puzzle racing game that requires precise motion.
- Setting/Premise: You are a new proud owner of a fast yellow sports car, but you are currently stuck in traffic, unable to test your new rides power. You have had enough of sitting and decide to make your own route through. You decide to cut in between traffic to try and get ahead.
- Story: The dramatic tension arises from your inability to drive fast and enjoy life. Fed up with waiting around you have to break some laws, and maybe some fenders, to have some fun.
- Target Audience: The main demographic for this game is fans of puzzle runner games that have the player avoiding obstacles as they progress forward endlessly.
- Play time: This game is a quick game that can be beat in a matter of minutes.
- Strategies: The player will need to have fast reflexes and a quick finger to move in between the cars and succeed.
- Prototype Assets: The game sprites and images are self created, and the following are used with the permission of the author:
- Prototype Closest Other Game: Some machanics for the cars acceleration and movement borrowed from the Game Mechanic Explorer example "Spaceship Motion - With Drag"