The Mystery of the Stolen Kittens
Find the stolen box of kittens for the princess
Controls: Use the arrow keys to move around the world and approach characters to interact with them.
- Player Experience Goals: This game is designed to be a puzzle RPG that involves the player thinking and interacting with the virtual world to solve mysteries. The intent is to cause the to strengthen there circuital think skills.
- Genre: This game fits into the top down RPG genre, but also incorporates mechanics from the mystery and puzzle solving genres.
- Game play: To play this game use the arrow keys to move around the world and approach characters to interact with them. Talk to the various character of the world to gain clues about who stole the kittens. Once enough clues have been found you can find the little ones. In future developments more playable area may be added as well as more characters and mysteries.
- Prototype goal: The goal of this game is to have the player interact with the NPC's in order to solve mysteries and complete the game.
- Features: This game uniquely features a way to interact with the non-player characters in the world. This is a key feature of the game and a core mechanic.
- Setting/Premise: You, the mercenary of the royal family have travelled to the Eastern Desert to search for a box of stolen kittens. This town is more than just a rural oasis, however, it is the start of the black silk road, the corrupt black market.
- Story: You are an retired general for the federation military. After seeing the horrors of war, you wanted nothing but to live your last days in peace at the local tavern. When the princess' new born kittens go missing you decide to sober up for one last good deed. Hired as a royal mercenary, you travel to the desert town to the east, the entrance to the black silk road. You figure you might be able to find some leads. Little do you know, this case is just the beginning and soon you cannot just stand by, you must put a stop to the cruelties of this world.
- Target Audience: This game is target at fans of fantasy RPG's and lovers of cute kittens.
- Play time: This is a short game that can be explored in a few minutes. This is just a prologue, though, and can be expanded on in future episodes.
- Strategies: Talk to the various town members in order to gain clues. Gain enough clues to find out where the kittens are hidden. When the kittens are revealed follow their meows to locate them.
- Prototype Assets:
- The character sprites were created using this online tool
- Tile set borrowed from the phaser examples
- Sound Effects provided by lolamadeus
- Other desert tile sheet assets borrowed from team4-trynity
- Music by Conway Hambone
- Some code borrowed from this Phaser tutorial
- Ouch sound provided by work2survive
- Prototype Closest Other Game: This game is inspired by the top down RPG games like Pokemon and Harvest Moon. It is a original creation and does not borrow code from any Phaser examples.